Take It Away Scheme
Here at Becketts Music Ltd, we’ve joined the '"Take It Away" scheme to support music-makers like you.
‘Take it away’ provides interest-free loans for musical instruments, equipment, software and tuition. In short, it gives music-makers the backing they need.
So how does it work?
You apply for a loan in the shop during normal opening hours. This normally takes less than 10 minutes. And if you’re successful, you can take your instrument or other purchase home there and then.
How much can you borrow?
- In England, you can get an interest-free loan of between £100 and £5,000
- We also offer interest-free loans up to £25,000 to eligible customers over the age of 18. Ask in store for more details.
What loans can you get?
- All ‘Take it away’ loans are interest-free. You pay a 10% deposit and spread the remaining balance over 9 monthly instalments.
- There’s a minimum loan amount of £100 and a maximum loan amount of £5,000
Are you eligible for finance?
- ‘Take it away’ has loans for musicians of all ages. The core scheme is open to people in England who are 18-25 years old, or over 18 and buying an instrument for a child under 18.
- In England, our focus is on making musical instruments more accessible for children and young people. You may be asked if you are buying for a child or a young person when you apply for a loan.
- You will need to be a permanent resident in the UK with a regular income of £5,000 per year.
- You’ll also need a bank or building society account that’s capable of handling direct debit payments. Remember, loans are subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.
How do you apply for a loan?
- You will need to come in store and remember to bring proof of ID and income.
Tell me more about ‘Take it away’?
‘Take it away’ works with retail partners, Arts Council England and the Arts Council of Northern Ireland to break down barriers to accessing music making. A part of Creative United, a community interest company that drives economic growth and social impact in the arts and creative industries, they provide a range of subsidised and non-subsidised loans. These are designed to make learning, playing and participating in music more affordable and open to everyone. Together with partners like us, they look to enable and inspire a life-long love of music.
Becketts Music Ltd is part of the Take it away scheme and offers interest-free credit. Credit subject to status and affordability. Terms and Conditions Apply. Becketts Music Ltd is a credit broker authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Credit is provided by Omni Capital Retail Finance Ltd authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.